Friday, December 31, 2004

I don't know what to say about 2004. I don't know whether to laugh about it, be happy about it or to be sobbing about this year. I think this year has been a critical year for the entire globe. Many things had changed our way of lives. From epidemics to wars to ecomony booms to elections to disasters and to deaths particulary and to media entertainment. We started with a bang, and ending it being very sad.

I don't like the ending of this year. I mean I can say that I'm very indirectly victimised by the Tsunami thing, but it just occured to me that, what if I was there? Will I still be blogging here and coming back here in Singapore, joking and laughing with my friends about anything or everything or even being very indirectly victimised or being insulted that i was very irritating because i mentioned too many a time that i was "a victim". I don't know, its very scary to think about it.

Elections

It occured to me that 2004 is a year for elections.... Taiwan's election, America's Election, Indonesia's Election, and The Philippines' Election in which the opposition party leader died, even the unknown countries or newly established countries (technically correct term) in the world had elections. Well next year will be Thailand time to go to the polls..

Presidents of 2004

I think its a GREAT TEST to Thaksin right now. I mean that the year of 2004 did not go well for him. First the Bird Flu, before he could solve the problem, the Muslim Thais' conflict before he could even solve that poof! the Tsunami thing. The world will be judging and waiting for him to solve these problems. The Thais will judge from the way he handles these things for next year presidential election.

The newly elected Indonesian President.. I wonder if he is still somewhere out there. haven't heard from him since he became president.... Knock! knock! You there?

America's President. Well... i have nothing to say abou THAT guy. Just that : FINISH YOUR BLOODY TERM AND GET OUT OF THE OFFICE.

Phillippines President: The true power woman in a power suit. Even a movie star ( A la Ronald Regan) can't push you out of that power suit. WOO-HOO WOMEN RULES!

Taiwan president: Hm. I have no idea what's going on in your mind, but still. Hope you run your country well.

To all Newly established countries : promoting your country will do you good.
Epidemics..

other than the Bird Flu.. i think SARS is resting in eternal peace.

Economy booms..

well good for that.. Singapore had an economy boom but slowed down as soons it bloomed. can see lesser people being jobless. That's a good sign. Congrats to J.Y. who's is now currently employed and for Han Liat... go for the ideal job! Inflations.. I wonder when is the day and where can i have $2.00 fishball noodles once again?

The entertainment scene.

Its one hell of rollercoaster ride. From Hollywood to Bollywood to Singapore to Hong Kong to Thailand's Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me.
But hey! AKU LIKE TAUFIK!!!! Electrico!!!!! Force Vomit!
Bangkok
Should i consider Bangkok as a mini Singapore with Singaporeans swarming to Bangkok to shop and holiday there. or should i consider Far East Plaza, Bugis Village as mini Chatukchat. Pls enlighten me. Thank You. Oh apparently i've asked Anna bout the opinon on this statement. She said that i should consider Far East Plaza and Bugis Village as mini Chatukchat.
Diasters.
Well apparently.. my folks experience earthquakes in their travels. Taiwan and Thailand. concidentally they went to countries starting with "T" but never mind.. nothing amounts to being caught in the Tsunami in Phuket.
I;m still thinking what if the condition in Bangkok was really bad.. and then i was stuck in Bangkok and not coming to lectures. Who am i going to contact.. Peggy or Walsh-y. I wonder what will Peggy say when she knows that I am stuck in Bangkok " What?! you are in bangkok?! you are supposed to be attednig lectures and tutorials and you are now in bangkok! Okay i tell you what. i will inform your lecturers." Next time. remind me if i;m going out of the country during acad year remind me to bring ECH'S number. Just in case of emergencies.
ATMS.
So much for having an INTERNATIONAL ATM card when you have to pay $5 for every amount you withdraw in other countries.. "Eh! Citibank! you take pple in with a thousand plus in their bank savings! "
15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2005!!!!!!
Happy New Year folks!
Find me at Aunt's Yvvone's place tml.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home