Thursday, February 03, 2005

Equality among women and men
I should say thanks to me wanting to cure my headache i went to get a coke at the vending machine at the Table Tennis table, if not I will not able to WITNESS this... Because I am in Early Childhood, i feel so unjustified and have to blog about this and let people know that there are STILL such parents in Singapore! They are not HDB dwellers, but people who are professionals and send their children to reptuable kindergarten. I was quite angry when I heard what the mother told her child to comfort her. Okaythe whole thing started off like that:
1) Brother and younger sister ( they are kindergarteners from St James) raced from the car to the lift lobby.
2) Brother won, sister lost.
3) Sister cried..
4) Mother comforted daughter : " its okay, Kor Kor is older than you so he has longer legs, and boys should run faster!"
As a ( future or maybe not even) Early childhood educator would you ever say those things to children! You are suppose to COMFORT them, not make them feel EVEN WORSE! The mother was rubbing it in while the daughter cried. I was like hello!!! hello!! you're not supposed to do that! If I were the mother, I will make the daughter feel better by giving her praise, telling her what she can do that her brother can't! The daughter just continued crying from the first floor til the 16th storey. I was so ashamed!!!! by the way the mother is some stuck up bitch! She saw me and didn;t EVEN asked me which floor i was going! THIS TOTALLY TURN ME OFF MAN! seriously i think all new parents should go through basic ECH so that they know what to say in front of the child!!! If this ever happen in front of me from the same family, i'm so going to screw their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home